Liturgical Music Ministers (LMM) Conference
The Word of God and Liturgical Music
Notre Dame Vision asks its participants: God is calling. How will you answer?
Liturgical musicians have responded to that call. They have acknowledged that God has blessed them with musical talent. They have cultivated and honed that talent through years of education and practice. They have placed their gifts at the service of God and the Church.
As a partnership between the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy and Notre Dame Vision, Notre Dame Vision for Liturgical Music Ministers (Vision LMM) seeks to provide liturgical musicians an opportunity for spiritual, intellectual, human, and pastoral formation.
The 2018 theme for Vision LMM is Liturgical Music for the Liturgical Year. Each keynote session will focus on a different liturgical season, inviting participants to delve more deeply into the unique theology of each season and learn how liturgical music can help us celebrate the feasts and seasons more fruitfully.
Vision LMM is for directors of music, choir directors, accompanists, cantors, choir members, instrumentalists—anyone involved in liturgical music ministry at the parish or diocesan level, or within a grade school, high school, or university setting.
- The Liturgical Year:
Explorations in Theology and Music
- Ordinary Time
- The Feasts of Christ
- The Spiritual Formation of Choirs, Cantors, and Instrumentalists
- The Role of Music in the Liturgical Life
- Jennifer Donelson, Director of Sacred Music and Associate Professor at St. Joseph's Seminary (Dunwoodie)
- J.J. Wright, Director of the University of Notre Dame Folk Choir; composer of liturgical and sacred music
- Fr. Phillip Ganir, S.J., doctoral student in Catechetics, The Catholic University of America; Sacred Music at Notre Dame alumnus
- Diana Macalintal, former Director of the Office of Worship for the Diocese of San Jose; writer and speaker on liturgy, music, prayer, and the catechumenate for TeamRCIA
- Timothy P. O’Malley, Ph.D., Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy and Concurrent Associate Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame Theology Department
- Carolyn Pirtle, Program Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy; composer of liturgical and sacred music
Vision LMM runs from the evening of July 16, 2018 until noon on July 20, 2018.
- Registrations received on/before April 7, 2018: $450.00/person
- Registrations received after April 7, 2018: $475.00/person
Meals, residence hall accommodations, and materials are included with registration fee.
To register for Vision LMM, please click here.
Isaiah's Vision, detail, Donald Jackson, Copyright 2005, The Saint John’s Bible, Saint John’s University, Collegeville, Minnesota USA. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Contact the Notre Dame Vision Office:
334 Geddes Hall Notre Dame, IN 46556 Phone: 574-631-7425 Fax: 574-631-6968 firstname.lastname@example.org