Symposium on the Charism of Priestly Celibacy
Thank you for your interest in this conference. Due to the high number of responses for the symposium, Regular Registration is now closed (as of December 21, 2011).
Registration after Dec. 21 is by special permission only.
Members of the local community (Diocese of Ft. Wayne - South Bend) and the campus community (University of Notre Dame, Saint Mary's College, Holy Cross College) are welcome to attend any or all of the presentations without providing an RSVP. If you would like to join the group for lunch or dinner, please contact Jenny Monahan (email@example.com) by February 8, as space is very limited in the dining venue.
February 15 - 17, 2012
Some today question the value of priestly celibacy within the Roman Catholic Church. The Symposium on the Charism of Priestly Celibacy, sponsored by the Institute for Church Life at the University of Notre Dame and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops's (USCCB) Bishops’ Committee for Doctrine, wishes to examine the theological basis, the human value, and the pastoral implications of priestly celibacy. In so doing, the hope is that not only the conference participants but also the Catholic faithful as a whole will come to appreciate the theological significance and pastoral merit of priestly celibacy – a treasured and revered gift of the Holy Spirit.
Who should attend?
This conference is open open all bishops or their designates. Lodging and airfare will be provided by the Institute for Church Life.
How do I register?
- Please contact John Cavadini, Director of the Institute for Church Life, to hold a space at this symposium.
- Download a registration form in Word or PDF: Registration form - Word or Registration form - PDF.
- Complete the registration form, and e-mail or fax it to Ginny Nawrkock at:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 574-631-6968
- The registration form needs to be submitted by Wednesday, January 11, 2012. If you are mailing the form via regular mail, please do so well before January 11.
Travel and accommodations
Participants should make travel arrangements through Anthony Travel, who will bill the ICL directly for the cost of airfare. If at all possible, please plan to book your airline tickets before December 31, 2011.
- Please ask for travel agent Kris Felton.
Phone: 800-366-3772 (ask for Kris)
- Please be prepared to provide details, i.e., time and date you need to arrive and depart, and the name of the conference.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel to/from the airport.
- Participants will be staying at Staybridge Suites, approximately five minutes north of the campus, and at the Morris Inn, located on the campus of the University of Notre Dame.. Ginny Nawrocki (email@example.com) will book hotel reservations for all conference participants; please do not contact either hotel directly. Transportation will be provided between Staybridge Suites and the conference center. Both hotels provide complimentary full breakfast.
Speakers and conference schedule
Review the detailed schedule and list of speakers
Institute for Church Life
342 Geddes Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556